Monday, May 20, 2013

What's Happening Here



Hello and welcome. This is the portion of my blogging I am devoting to the classic series of Doctor Who, or Doctors 1-8. Their pics are in the left sidebar, and soon you will be able to click on them for more information on that Doctor as I begin to post. There will be other things added that will hopefully be enjoyable. Try the New Who page for my main Doctor Who blog.

So this is the 50th anniversary year, so each month beginning in January, I have focused on the Doctor that corresponds with that month. First Doctor in January, second in February and so on. If I had started this in January I would begin with William Hartnell, but I will have to circle back around after November because May is the 5th month, or Peter Davison. Tom Baker and Peter Davison are my first Doctors so the episodes hold a special place in my heart. BBC America has been showing a classic episode and background for the Doctor of the month, and this month they will show "Earthshock", so it will be my first classic review. It sees the Cybermen return, gives an explanation for the dinosaurs dying out, not 1, not 2, but 3 companions, and a shocking end for the time. Look for it and more soon, but after I review the series 7 finale.




No comments:

Post a Comment